Boothferry Park was home to Hull City for 56 years.
Visiting supporters in the latter years will probably remember that there was an Iceland/Kwik Save supermarket embedded into the away end of the ground in a similar fashion to that of the Normid Superstore at Burnden Park, Bolton.
In front of the supermarket was a small open terrace, To the left was a big covered side terrace, leading to another covered terrace at the opposite end, although there were seats on the upper tier of this stand. To the right of the away end, was the main stand featuring the player’s entrance and the only stand that was an all-seater.
The record attendance at Boothferry Park came on 26th Feb 1949, when Manchester United came to town. The visitors left with a 0-1 victory in an FA Cup tie.
Despite the large terraced areas of the ground, the capacity at Boothferry Park was a paltry 15,160 by the time it was closed.
The last game to be held at Boothferry Park was a 0-1 defeat for the Tigers against Darlington.
Although Boothferry Park’s last game was in 2002, demolition didn’t actually begin on the site until 2008 and the floodlights remained erected until 2011 and were the last pieces to fall.
You can read more about the timeline of Boothferry Park here where there is an excellent history of the old stadium.